Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Caramoan : Manlawi Sandbar

We were not able to go on island hopping the first day due to extreme tiredness...Bantog Backpackers came all the way from Balanga, Bataan. We started travelling from Day 0 at 4pm from Balanga, 3 hours from Manila, departed at Cubao by 9pm and arrived at Naga the next day passed 6am.  We continued travelling by jeepney for two hours, boat ride of 2 hours and tryk ride of 20 to 30 minutes. We just spent the first day sleeping, eating and visiting the St. Michael the Archangel church.


Bawi kami the next day by exploring the farther islands. The boatman asked us what islands we wanted and I choose the Manlawi, Cotivas and Sabitang Laya.

We arrived early at Bikal Port as early as 7am. Bikal is the jump off point to the 3 islands that we're going to visit. The boatman said the islands are a bit far so he advised the tricycle driver that he can fetch us at 3pm the earliest.  We have to bring our lunch and more foods and 5 liters of water, my kids get hungry easily so I also brought with me "kids' foods" - candies, chocolates and chicherias =)


Bikal Port

It took us more than an hour to reach our first destination...Manlawi Sandbar... It is popularly known for its vanishing sandbar, situated along the shore of Lahuy Island. Manlawi Sandbar can be seen once tide recedes but we came here during high tide and it's much better this way...good for me...for non swimmers, hehe=)



Oh Wow!
Cottages can be rented at Php200.  If you decided to take your lunch here, it will be so exciting to eat at this perfectly relaxing place especially when tide rises...you can feel your feet kissing the cold water.



the picturesque Manlawi



 
my baby still enjoying his chocolates...come swim with me baby...

The super cheap but delicious buko for only Php20


There are a number of vendors around Manlawi selling their harvested shells. 



 Joshua not minding the scorching heat of the sun...never mind, brown skin is the color of summer!

only 2 members of our family doesn't know how to swim...and that includes me =)... that's why I love Manlawi

I asked my daughter to jump first...mababaw lang pala =)


Oh No! mom is so far from us...


As I enjoyed my swimming, I noticed that our boat is going farther... that's why my kids said that I should swim quickly... I told my eldest son to fetch me, when he jumped off the boat....ayyyy! ang babaw lang pala!

We swim for around 30 minutes before we hopped for the next island.

Off to our second destination...Cotivas Island

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bantog Backpackers 2016. Powered by Blogger.