Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Caramoan : Cotivas Island


After the fun swim at Manlawi Island that I really enjoyed, we proceeded to Cotivas Island.  We were so lucky indeed that there is no Survivor filming when we got here.  This Caramoan vacation was cancelled four times because we were advised by my kumare not to go here last summer of 2012.  Cotivas is one of the islands being used as a location of the Survivor Series.  We planned to go here again during the feast of Peñafrancia and my kumare still advised that traffic is so huge and there might be more tourists to visit Caramoan, so we cancelled it once again.   
When going to farther islands (Manlawi, Cotivas and Sabitang Laya) it is better to start at Bikal Port than in Paniman, the boatman can save gas and also some precious time, as advised by a local guide.
We are lucky enough because we reached the place with friendly waves.  My little boy even managed to take a nap.  
We reached Cotivas in more than an hour, the local guide advised us to bring lunch with us and lots of water.  It is only 11 am when we hopped at Cotivas and we decided to take our lunch here and then enjoyed swimming and some photo shooting.

Cottages are for rent here at Php100 only, no entrance fees


I am a photographer wannabee... What do you think of this picture? Papasa na ba? 


My super cutie baby James doing some jump shots



                                          Jump shot by dad at the tip of Cotivas!!!




travelling with kids can be stressful... but I really don't mind being stressed with them. I want to make the most of their childhood...and I hope that they will also be responsible parents when it's their time to be parents themselves...



my Joshua enjoying the sun...You can see it in his smile

time to hop to the next island kids...


Cotivas is one of the best islands I've ever been... You can swim everywhere.  I don't mind being toasted by the sun because I know my kids will always remember these things when they grew up. I swam with my kids even if my skin said enough.  We went home with super toasted and burned faces, hehehe =) 

I know this is a travel blog but for me I wrote these things so that when I'm gone, these memories will still be in my kids' minds...and all they have to do is to click the mouse if they want to remember all the fun memories they had when they were kids and when they were with me.  We don't have that much money to enjoy in travelling, we were always in a budget.  But what I want them to have is not richness in money but richness in parents' love.

Actually this had been the most difficult and the farthest travel (for us) because this time we reached it by land and not by air, but travelling to Caramoan is so sulit and you can witness them just by staring at our photos... My daughter asked "Mommy Visayas na ba 'to?", I answered, "Hindi anak Luzon pa lang 'to".  She again said "Bakit ba tayo pupunta dito, ang layo layo?" and then I answered "The most amazing places to behold are those hidden from afar."  And I found it true in visiting Caramoan.  Truly Philippines was so blessed with so many wonderful islands and resources and we must teach our kids, the next generation, on how they can help protect and treasure our environment.


Contact our boatman Mang Joven at 0948 9485983
or our super bait na guide Ramon Medelf Beriso at 0948 9690101



Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bantog Backpackers 2016. Powered by Blogger.